Sunday, May 23, 2010

SPRING ONIONS BHAJI


SPRING ONIONS BHAJI

INGREDIENTS:
1 bunch spring onions, 8-10 garlic cloves , 1tbsp oil, 1tsp mustard seeds, 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp red chilly powder, 1tbsp gram flour [besan], salt to taste.

METHOD:
1. Wash the spring onions . Separately chop the white onions part and the green part. Crush the garlic cloves.
2. Heat oil and turn off the flame;put mustard and turmeric powder and immediately put garlic. Turn on the flame and add white onions. Let it cook for 1 min and add red chilly powder and green part of the onions.
3. Cover it and cook for 2-3 min. Now add gram flour [besan]and stir continuously till it forms a ball. Donot cover at all. Add salt .
TIPS:
1. Very nutritious and goes well with chapati.

2 comments:

  1. Spring onion bhaji was d most difficult bhaji 4me to mke.but after visiting your site,I cnt find anything difficult now.Vijeta u dnt knw how u mde my kitchen life so simple.
    Nw spring onions has bcme a part of my husbands tiffin box. Vry quick and yummy.I get lots of appreciations frm my husband nowdays for my cooking..
    And lots of thanxs to u..
    Yours, ekta(London)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ekta thanking you for all ur comments keep my spirits high.cooking is magic,mixing of ingredients by right hands at the right place,at the right time.

    ReplyDelete