Sunday, May 30, 2010

MARATHI KADHI


MARATHI KADHI

INGREDIENTS:
3-4Green chillies, 8-10curry leaves, handful corriander leaves and12-15 garlic cloves, 1 bowl curd and 2 tbsp chicken pea flour[besan], 1tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp turmeric pwd , salt to taste and2-3 glasses water.




METHOD:
1. Grind green chillies, curry leaves, corriander and garlic[green chutney].
2. Churn curd and chicken pea flour[besan]. Add water and churn again.
3. Heat oil, put cumin, green chutney and turmeric. Let it cook for 2 min and pour the churned mixture.
4. Let it boil for7-10 min and stir on and off. Now add salt and boil for 2 min.

TIPS:
1. Keep on stirring on and off or else kadhi boils and spills.
2. Salt must be added at the end when you are turning off the flame, otherwise the kadhi curdles[spoils].

4 comments:

  1. Hey Viju!! Wat a great idea of preparing ths Marathi kadhi.
    Earlier I was making sindhi kadhi.because I nvr knew tat kadhi cud b made in this way also,bt after following ur recipie ,I almost forgot my method of preparing sindhi kadhi..
    Its delicious & simple. I'l try my bst to forward all ur recipies to all my friends in UK.. Talent like u, should nt b hidden..
    Ekta[london]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ekta for loving my recipies...cooking is a magic of mixing all the ingredients by right hands..it is so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also we can put some methi Dana in it for more flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also we can put some methi Dana in it for more flavour.

    ReplyDelete